Can you spot yours?
They are the employees who show up bright-eyed and bushy-tailed to work every morning. They attend most company events and are often brimming with ideas for the company, whether for social events, marketing campaigns, specific industry speakers, or kitchen snacks.
It is the person you are always comfortable introducing job candidates to during interviews. They’re the person you prefer to represent the company outside the office, because they believe in the company’s vision and understand it like the back of their hand.
Still having trouble identifying your internal brand champions? Here are some tips:
Attributes of Your Best Internal Employer Brand Champions
- Committed, shares everything company-related on social media
- Always at/organizes company events
- Knows exactly what the company’s goals, values, and mission are
- Aligns their work to achieve the above
- Positive disposition, brings the team together
- Takes and uploads many pictures (and circulates them internally)
- They bridge the gap between different teams
- Organizes events, speakers, and always has several suggestions
- The person you’d ask to go talk to an unhappy employee
- She/he teaches others about the culture and product
- Is a great communicator (internally and to customers/public)
- Probably doesn’t realize he or she is doing all the above-mentioned things
Employer brand champions help your company grow, not only literally – as brand champions also make for fabulous recruiters – but their feedback on new product features, new hires, new partnerships, and company culture is incredibly valuable.
Brand champions are paying attention to the company; in fact, they are probably your toughest audience because their expectations are highest. So leverage their feedback and suggestions and keep them informed on exciting company updates as they are likely to share the information with their wider networks.
For easy tips for boosting happiness at your office: 5 Small Ways to Make Your Office a Delightful Place to Work.
Looking for a delightful place to work? We’re always hiring.